“If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder without any such gift from the fairies, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in." - Rachel Carson

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Family Photo Booth








I've been having fun playing with photo apps on our iPod (Instagram and Pocketbooth)--yesterday we had fun making a "scene" on our bed and dressing up for some photos. We put down a blue sheet for the sky and dug around in Rowan's dress up clothes, deciding on a flying insect theme! A while back I had seen some really creative photos circulating around Facebook called "Mila's Daydreams" that a woman took of her baby while sleeping-- the baby is totally passed out but the mom has constructed these elaborate scenes around the baby...check it out here, it looks like she's made a book of these photos:

http://www.facebook.com/MilasDaydreams

I thought it would be fun to try something like that with Rowan and Retta. Then my sister-in-law shared this awesome link on Facebook the the other day as well, and I was inspired by the great photos this photographer took of his two daughters:

http://www.boredpanda.com/creative-kids-photography-jason-lee/

The last photo was taken with our Pocketbooth app-- that is a fun one because you can create a photo strip wherever you are. Rowan and I took this one while eating cookies at a bakery in Camden yesterday. Hopefully we'll get inspired to do some more impromptu at-home funny photo shoots soon! Maybe my backdrops will get more elaborate if I can get my subjects to stop wiggling...

No comments:

Post a Comment